Now that the nights are drawing in, it’s hard to remember just how beautiful the summer was this year. Which is why we are so delighted to share that on a beautiful day earlier this summer, Kim and Matt held their Cornish wedding here at Tredudwell Manor. They chose the perfect day to get married at Tredudwell with a brilliant host of suppliers, all of whom we are so happy to work with. It’s important to us to find out more about our couples, what they love and how they make their choices, so we can help more! We decided to ask them to tell us their story in their own words….read on!
1. Where did you meet?
As Matt says in his wedding speech, we believe we met through fate and ‘she approached me first!!’. I worked with Matt’s dad for years, one night I was on a hen party in Truro, I clocked this man walking into the bar, as soon as I saw him, I thought he looked like his dad. So, after finally plucking up the courage to saying hi, we hit it off straight away and as they say the rest is history.
2: How did Matt propose to you?
Matt says himself, he is not a romantic but he managed to propose in a very personal way that was just what I wanted. During the Christmas festivities, we were at home, the fire was on, watching a Christmas movie and I was wrapping our family and friends’ Christmas presents. Once I had finished, Matt got down on one knee and proposed by telling me I now had my own present to unwrap and open.
3: Why did you choose Cornwall and more specifically Tredudwell for your wedding reception?
As soon as we were engaged, we both knew that we wanted to get married within the year, and in Cornwall. Finding a venue was first on the list and once we went to see Tredudwell, we fell in love and knew it was the perfect place for us. It ticked all our boxes. Tredudwell is a beautiful wedding venue, its set-in beautiful countryside, that’s not too far away from the sea. When meeting Valarie and Justin, you can really feel their passion and love they have for Tredudwell. They made sure we had an amazing day. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them, they always answered any questions we had and were eager to help.
Tredudwell is a beautiful venue
Kim, the bride
4. Did you enjoy planning your wedding?
Most people would know me to be organised, so I found planning the wedding pretty easy. We had 6 months from booking the venue to our wedding day so we were on a tight schedule, but to be honest, that didn’t faze me. Growing up it is every girl’s dream to get married and have a fairytale wedding, so we had some thoughts and plans already figured out beforehand.
5: What were your three top priorities when planning:
1. Catering – We both knew that one main priority for the day was making sure our guests were well fed and had enough welcome drinks and drinks on the table. We are also big Italian food lovers. Tredudwell recommended Richard at Couch’s Catering. Richard has worked with Tredudwell on numerous occasions, so we had 100% trust that both would be amazing. We’ve been told on lots of occasions that our guests loved our food. Richard tailor made our food around our love of Italian food and we purchased wine and Prosecco for the tables to match this.
2. Photography and Videography – both were very important to us, as we wanted to be able to look back at our photos and video to see our amazing day and how beautiful everything was.
3. Flowers – We knew we wanted our theme to be based on colourful flowers, and I had already fallen in love with a local florist, Anna at Anna’s Flower Barn. I loved Anna’s style of work and the flowers exceeded our expectations.
6: Did you have a theme for your wedding?
Our flowers were very much a big part of the theme for our wedding, which started off with our lovely flower themed stationery designed by Katie at Osotwee. We wanted our wedding to be pretty and colourful, we had lots of flowers dotted around the pavilion and as it was such a beautiful day. Tredudwell has amazing grounds, so this complemented the grounds outside. We also continued the flower theme with our beautiful wedding cake made by the very talented Monica at Sweet Thought Cake Designs.
7: Main reason why you choose Dan Ward for your photos?
Myself and one of my bridesmaids both fell in love with Dan’s work after seeing a school friend use him for her wedding. I very much knew I wanted Dan to take our wedding photo after meeting him at my bridesmaid’s wedding and seeing how beautiful her photos were. Dan really knows how to create natural, beautiful un-posed photos.
8: How important was the food in your wedding plan? What was your favourite dish?
Our catering was very important for our wedding, we wanted to have five star food and for everyone to be eating food that was designed by Matt and I. We went down to Polperro to meet Richard from Couch’s catering, and he spent a lot of time talking through what food we love, our love for Italy and Italian food, my love for steak and Matt’s passion for fish. Once we had decided on the menu, before we knew it, he had created this there and then and we were able to try all each of our dishes before the big day.
As our menu was tailored for us, from our canapes, to the Italian antipasti starter, fillet steak and roasted cod main to our trio of desserts, we couldn’t pick which was our favourite.
9: Kim tell us a bit about your wedding dress, how easy or hard did you find it?
Well both my bridesmaids went to Amanda K for their dresses, so I knew that’s where I wanted to start, they both looked gorgeous on their wedding day. Due to the timeframe of 6 months, this was one of the first task to get ordered to make sure it was delivered on time. I tried on about 15 dresses before I found the ‘one’, it was actually one I had firstly said no too, so my advice would be to have an open mind, try a range of different styles, as you might be surprised like me!
10. How did you choose your makeup and hair?
I found booking a makeup artist hard, as most were booked up over a year in advance. Luckily for me, one of my bridesmaid’s sister in law, who is a makeup artist and did the makeup for her wedding became available. I fully trusted her and our make up all looked beautiful on the day.
Booking my hair was an easy choice, one of my bridesmaid’s cousins had done all our hair for her wedding and we all looked gorgeous, and I felt the same way for my day.
10: Finally, can you tell us your 3 top memorable moments;
• The night before and morning of the wedding, we both really enjoyed getting together with our close family and friends, to starting the wedding weekend celebrations. I stayed at the venue the night before with my close family and bridesmaids, it was so lovely to wake up with my bridesmaids, have our breakfast and get ready for the day, the morning of the wedding at the venue was very much relaxing and stress-free. There is also lots of accommodation around Tredudwell. Matt stayed in an amazing farmhouse with his family and friends about 10 minutes away from the venue.
• Seeing all our planning and hard work come together to make our wedding such an amazing day. When we imagined and planned the wedding, we were both blown away with how everything turned out on the day, from the flowers, venue, wedding cake, food to name a few.
• Seeing our wedding photos and video for the first time. Both Dan Ward Photography and Babalu Film were amazing, Dan and Chris were both friendly and down to earth, talented gentleman. It was so lovely for us to be able to relive the day looking at our photos and watching our feature film.
Speaking of which, here it is, enjoy!
Flowers: Anna’s Flower Barn
Dress: Amanda K
Catering: Richard Mc Geown @ Blank canvas
Cake: Sweet Thought Cake Designs
Videography: Babalu Films
Photography: Dan Ward